Sunday, May 6, 2007

looking ahead.

I have just received an email from a friend in Paris (yes, Alexandra, that's you!) about the French presidential election. I have also been following the debates, candidates and outcomes over the past few weeks. Today was the decision day for the French citizens and it seems that they have chosen reform in the vein of the conservative center over constancy in the vein of a social left woman candidate. Sarkozy has won. I don't know what to think yet because we'll see how his ideas pan out. From what I gather (from what Alex informed me), both candidates expressed too many ideas without rational solutions.

I guess all we can do is look to the future to see if Sarkozy's unemployment/immigration/economic projects will benefit France. I think he will be an interesting new president to watch given his diverse background and hopeful policies.

I leave you with a picture that is awkward (does anyone else think that that could NEVER possibly be his arm?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.